Saturday, June 5, 2010

Words

It's the things left unsaid that seem to burden me the most. They weigh heavy on my heart and creep up my throat only to never make it past the lump that always forms at the very last second. They flounder, in the pit of my stomach, like butterflies with wings of lead.

My whole world is a study in words -- hundreds of thousands of them. The words I've read, the words I've written, the words I've learned and shared, and even the words I've spoken. But when it comes to the words I should've said, I can never find them. So, I'm sending them out now, into the great technological beyond, so that maybe I can locate them one day when I need them again.

  • I'm proud of you.
  • I understand it's hard for you.
  • I don't know how to make it any easier.
  • You were my favorite person in the entire world.
  • I'm sorry I missed so much time with you.
  • The same loneliness you fight lives within me, too.
  • Being happy and satisfied is worth the struggle.
  • I know that struggle. It's totally scary.
  • It's not brave if you're not scared.
  • I love you. Now, then, and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment