Saturday, July 17, 2010

How the Stones (Might Have) Totally Got It Wrong

"You can't always get what you want...
But if you try sometime, you might find...
You get what you need."

Ummm... sometimes you might find...
That you don't get what you want or what you need.
And that totally blows goats.

I don't think the song would've been nearly as popular with this message. It just doesn't give you the same cool, sing along at the top of your lungs, kind of vibe.

My optimism tank is on empty today, and I'm not sure why. Maybe I'm just dreading the end of something that I both want to end soon but cannot bear the ending of, and I'm not very adept at such a paradoxical idea.

Maybe I'm just being super-tired and more than a little bit whiny. This is always a distinct possibility.

But I think it's probably the first.

And that totally blows goats too.

2 comments:

  1. Goat-blowing is not all that appealing. Live it up this week and look forward to a visit from your favorite (almost) 18-month old. I think we are going to head out for dinner. I would also treasure some porch-time with you, Jamie and Alison.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love all of that. Cannot wait.

    And goat-blowing is not supposed to be appealing. If it is, I don't think we can be friends anymore.

    ReplyDelete