Sunday, September 5, 2010

Enjoying the Show

Remember what I once said about change?

No, well... I talk about it often, most notably here.

I've been doing some healing thinking, and I'm trying to change my ways.

Those sweater-less dinosaurs? This is why they're extinct. The inability to plan and accessorize. Stupid, pea-brain beasts.

And those firecrackers? Sometimes, if you let them go, they fill the night sky with blooms of light and color, quick and brilliant like a shooting star. It might be a little sad when the flash and bang is over, but if you're lucky enough to be watching them with friends, and you turn your head at just the right moment, the beauty falling upon their lit-up faces is well worth the wait. And then it's fulfilling enough simply to sit back and watch the show.

2 comments:

  1. Which ways are you changing? Are you going to stop using the f-bomb?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, girl... the f-bomb is sometimes the only thing that keeps me from strangling people. So, no... the f-bomb stays. I would be no good in prison.

    ReplyDelete