Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Boo - Yah.

Just when I was ready to take my last $200 out of the bank and risk it all on the lottery -- BAM!

Out of nowhere, Redemption strikes.

During 4th period, Mr. I'm-Too-Cool-to-Participate totally participated. And won my High Five o' the Day.

During basketball practice, I was sinking shot after shot and one of my girls told me I was on "Fi-yah". Not the best thing when I am trying to get them some rebounding practice in, but it was a good self-esteem boost nevertheless. For reals, I sank 2 in a row while shooting underhand.

Oh... almost forgot. Today, I also realized that on the last district test, my kids had a 95% passing rate. Someone told me this yesterday, but until I started putting names with the stats, it didn't mean much. Of 128 testers, 46% made a 90 or better. Eleven kids made a perfect score. E-lev-en.

That's the same number of years I have waited for such percentages.

I literally could not be more proud of my kiddos.

I know it's sometimes perceived as tacky to brag, but since when did being tacky ever stop me?

P.S. Remember the Mediocrity Marathon? No? Refresh your memory of my outrageously bitter tirade here. This time they're at 88% passing.

Can I get a WHAT WHAAATTT?

2 comments:

  1. WHAT WHAAATTTT! & Oooh OOOOOOHHH! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. And don't forget a "Hey, hey, HEYYY!"

    I knew my what-what request would get a comment out of you!

    ReplyDelete