Thursday, May 5, 2011

Say What?!

What do you do when someone says something you find completely rude and offensive in front of you?

What if it's someone you like and typically respect?

What if they say it to a kid?

It happened to me tonight. I walked right into it, and I was so thoroughly stunned that it took me a few seconds to speak. I was all, "Say Wha?"

When I got my wits back about me, I did the only thing I knew to do. I shooed that person away like a bothersome pest and tried to keep the show rolling. But for that kid, the show was completely ruined.

I get that it was a somewhat stressful moment. Well, I guess it was stressful if you're into freaking out about minute details. But, come on.

Now I'm not sure what to do. Do I speak with them about it, or do I let my "shooing" speak for itself?

Disappointing, to say the very least.

No comments:

Post a Comment