Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Exhaustion

I quit coaching, but I still seem to be keeping coaching hours -- 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM at school.  I don't know how to stop this.

I am exhausted.  I didn't realize how much working all summer at camp kept my stamina up for the return to school.  Spending six weeks doing not much of anything was nice but completely useless, and now I'm paying for it.

I didn't force myself to go to the grocery store yesterday, and so I had to go tonight after work.  Another big mistake.  I'm not sure I will ever learn.

Needless to say, I can't put many things together in my head -- at least not many that make sense or strike any real feeling.  So, here's one of my favorite Calvin and Hobbes cartoons about teaching.  I think I have a great many Calvins this year -- mildly ridiculous but pretty astute.  And wearing me out.


No comments:

Post a Comment