Sunday, October 20, 2013

I See You, Barry Bonds

I got a steroid shot on Thursday.  Usually, that makes me instantly feel better (and a little jittery) and gives me a jolt of energy that leaves me unblinking and moving non-stop for about 4 hours.

It did nothing.  Until yesterday.

I went to school for a training and came home ready to work.  I did 6 loads of laundry, washed the dishes, cleaned out a closet, and boxed up 3 bags of donation clothes and items.  I was a whirlwind.

This morning, I woke up again, ready to continue the clean-out.  I resumed my adventure, cleaning out a desk and a box that has moved with me 3 times (and never been sorted).  Here's what I turned up:
This was all in one desk drawer.
A desk drawer that I obviously haven't opened in over a decade.

Yep. 4 old phones, including chargers.
What do you even do with this stuff?

Fancy.

I used this one forever.


5 rolls of undeveloped film.
Dropping it off tomorrow.  We shall see.  

When was the last time stamps were 37 cents?
2002.  That's when.

I can't even...

That's a gift check for $25.  Just in a drawer.
Wondering when it would be noticed.
I come from a long line of hoarders, and I'm afraid that both my nature and nurture have defeated me.

I found 9 purses.  Nine.  In those 9 purses, I found $8.35 in spare change, 6 pots of lip balm, and a Barnes and Noble gift card that still has $14.57 on it.  In two days, I've filled both the trash and recycling bins.  And I've still got 5 junk drawers, 1 closet, and 2 more rooms to go.

I'm starting to rethink my stance on performance-enhancing drugs.  I see your 73 homeruns, Barry Bonds.  And I'll raise you $47.92.

Boom.


No comments:

Post a Comment