Sunday, October 13, 2013

Mission Accomplished

I spent the evening with some of my favorite people, Karen, Courtney, and Allison.  Our common connection is camp (Karen, Court and I were all counselors -- Allison was once a camper for all of us and then later a co-counselor).

My favorite thing about spending time with them (and basically all my friends) is that we are past the need to go DO something.  And when we do go OUT somewhere, it's a no-muss, no-fuss kind of thing.  We've learned that our favorite moments occur when we don't have to put the effort in finding a place to go and instead focus on each other.

I haven't seen Karen since July, and it's been almost two years since I saw Allison (she's graduated, changed cities, and started a whole, stable career since then).  The long absences really only set us up for a night of good drinks, crazy stories, and ridiculous amounts of laughter.  Ridiculous.

And as always, mission accomplished.




No comments:

Post a Comment